As all of us have lot of passwords and keeping a track of each is a difficult task. These passwords help us in securing our accounts in this post you will get complete tips about how Security Questions and Alternate Email helps you in recovering your Gmail account password. The Gmail password is of much important use and to keep in protected you can use Security Questions and Alternate Email options as two steps certifications to secure your account.
In case you've forgotten your Gmail account password, then Google provides its customers a number of options through which you can easily recover your lost password. If you've associated an alternate email address or security questions with your account then recovering your password is a much easy task. If you don't have your account then Google will provide you with some verification methods which will confirm your identity and recover your account.
In case you forgot your Gmail account then you may know the role of Security Questions and Alternate Email in recovery of your Gmail password. Read the piece of write up and get comprehensive info about the role of these methods: Alternate Email addresses method to recover:
In case you can't remember your password, then you have an alternate email address connected with your Gmail account, the roll of this id is to help you at the time of password recovery and protect your account from hacking. With the help of this alternate id Google will send you a link to a password reset page. If you don't have alternate id linked with your account then you can use security questions for the recovery process.
- To use this method first of all go to Google account email recovery page and tap on forgot password option.
- Enter your email id for which you want to recover your password.
- Click on the "Continue" button.
- Tap on "I don't know my password”.
- Now you can enter your alternate email address through which Google will send you a verification code.
- Open the alternate ID and enter the verification code which you got in your alternate id.
- After entering the code you will be redirected to a new page where you will be asked to enter the new password for your account.
In case you are not able to use this method as you not have connected a alternate id with your account then you will be taken to the account security questions option.
Security Questions method to recover password:
- Most of the times if you don’t have a recovery id linked with your account then you will be automatically redirected to secret questions page.
- Enter the email address on which you have access to so Google can send you a code.
- After this select last time you accessed the Google account when you are trying to recover.
- After this answer the security question which you have linked with your account. Answer the questions correctly.
- After this you will be asked to enter email contacts on which you will be available or contacted. You can enter up to five addresses.
- Tap on "Submit" button, your account will be recovered in 3-5 business days.
These methods help users in recovering of their account passwords in a convenient manner. In case you confront any sort of difficulty in using these methods to recover your account then you can dial a toll-free customers support number and get reliable help for the same.